Saturday, April 26, 2008


Sometimes we need to take a moment and reflect on the things that are NOT; and be grateful! For example, I am grateful I am NOT a crewman on this HS-53. Although it is very cool and one of the most powerful helicopters in the world, its glide slope during an engine failure or heaven forbid a gearbox failure is not so impressive. They also have a wonderful tendency to roll over and sink quickly in the event of a ditch. However, these babies are impressive and are used to transport troops and equipment into battle. When I say equipment I mean like Humvee's, armored transports, large guns...you know, big stuff! The most impressive aspect of this aircraft...

...it folds up nice and neat to be tucked away when we are all done with it. Next thing you know it'll fold up into a brief case so you can carry with you on your way to work at Spacely Sprockets!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never even seen one of those beauties, I think I'm in love...they sell those at Walmart? I know what I'm doing with my tax stimulus check! Those have to be pretty cheap, eh?

noel joy said...

yes, i'm very glad you're on p3's and not... whatever that one was. cool looking, but i'm all about safety features.

and collin, i think that's an excellent way to spend your tax rebate check. you just send it to me, and i'll have stan work his magic. ;)

Jackie said...

what are those lines on it? something to keep it from blowing away?????

Anonymous said...

Hey Stan! I would rather you stay with the P-3. I saw a folded up helicopter on a ship we toured at Navel Sta. Everett a few years ago. It was called a "Seahawk", and fit nicely into it's little onboard garage. Just some trivia for you.... Bill is healing up nicely and he will be proud to show off his 8" scar when you return. He isn't sick anymore but they operated on his lung so he could breath better. Don't get pneumonia! (He went to church today and is doing well).

Stan said...

That's great news Lynne. Should we put him in for a purple heart! Or would that be a purple lung?