Thursday, May 8, 2008


This is the view from the window in my room. I thought the sunset was pretty cool looking and I wanted to share it with all of you. That is the coast of Okinawa over looking the Pacific Ocean.

Annie, I want to thank you for the package you sent. I was going to post a picture of the contents of the package but they never left the hanger. You have made a lot of sailors very happy and slightly fatter;-D. All I have left is this cool card you made, and just to jazz up the picture a little I threw some of my patches in to the mix. You see, I always open my packages at work and share the contents. Noel has used this fact in the past to play some pretty funny tricks on me! You will have to ask her about that in a less public setting!! Anyway, when my fellow sailors peered into the box full of goodies you sent there was no holding them back, from my commanding officer on down, everyone enjoyed! Thank you for lifting the spirits of a few homesick sailors.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh...soon you will be enjoying the sunrise over the bay.......can't wait for you to come home :)

noel joy said...

our view is better. i am so so so ready for you to be home. you are my missing piece. i love you always. ;)