Tuesday, May 27, 2008

When it rains, it pours!!! I have seen this several times since I've been here but this is the first time I have thought to take pictures of it. The flooding you see here is after about 30 minutes of rain. In fact during the storm I couldn't even see across the street. This is the view from my room.







The base of this building is sitting in about 4 to 5 inches of water...

...this is the same building only five minutes later!! Surf's up dude! The funny thing is, some of the guys are complaining about going back to Washington because, "it rains all the time!?". Weird..

3 comments:

noel joy said...

hey, in washington at least we spread that much rain out over 6 months of perpetual drizzle. :D

Jackie said...

You are going to miss all the exciting photo ops you have had during this last six months :) Will you keep up the bloggy when you get home.....

Stan said...

I'm not sure yet mom. We'll have to see how much "motivation" I get:)