Sunday, December 23, 2007

Here is a special post to honor the men and women that roll up their sleeves and maintain the aircraft I fly. Here is their office...the hanger.

At first glance this may appear to be a game of ping pong. However, this is an important tool to measure ones worth and establish a pecking order. Now you may ask, "what does this have to do with maintenance?"...Nothing, but a happy maintainer is a productive maintainer so there!

These are the guys that keep the engines running and ensure the wings don't fall off. I like these guys...although it may appear there is a lot of lounging going on, don't be quick to judge...I took this picture during one of their union mandated breaks ;-).

Ok, my job is to put warheads on foreheads, but who's going to put warheads on my airplane? The answer; these guys...the Ordnance Men! If you like to lift heavy stuff and blow stuff up these guys might be able to help you out!

Should I be alarmed that the only shop in the hanger that has a plastic scull is the guys responsible for maintaining my personal survival gear? Maybe I'm just over reacting...


...and here is the guy responsible for the plastic scull and my survival equipment. Keep it real brother! I am a big fan of your work. To all the the maintainers of Patrol Squadron One, thank you for all your hard work.

2 comments:

noel joy said...

totally loving the tour! :D :D :D

Jackie said...

Now I know where Noel gets her wit from....very funny man:)