Sunday, January 20, 2008

Well howdy folks. With the high operating cost in commercial travel let me show you what some airlines are doing to cut their overhead in the name of competitive airfares. When the airlines cuts costs, you win...or crash...but let us not focus on such negative topics. Well, enough stalling...on to exhibit A.


Can you spot the cost savings in this picture. Some would think shedding unnecessary weight would result in fuel savings but some would be wrong. NO! This entrepreneurial airline figured if you remove enough necessary weigh (like the propulstion systems) the aircraft will go nowhere and burn no fuel, thereby passing the savings on to its passengers. Genius!

...how about the cost saving technique used in this picture? If you answered maximized economy class seating, pat yourself on the back! You are correct!!!

And finally, there is no reason an airline (even an economy airline) can't offer free coffee. However, you can drive away at least half of your potential coffee drinkers by using a real gay looking coffee pot! (By the way, this is our coffee pot at work...Hey man, don't worry! I'm secure!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that "economy seating", or are you the "power source"...kinda like a hamster running in the wheel? Either way...the airline is DEFINITELY saving money! LOL

(Better eat your Wheaties if you're gonna get that baby up to 405 knots....)

Anonymous said...

.....enough "stalling"...are you being "punny" again, Stan? I missed that the 1st read thru....

I just like posting here cuz I like to "crack the code" on the word verification thing-y....makes me feel really clever!

Stan said...

I'm impressed Leslie! No joke goes unappreciated by the quick and observant. Your aviation vocabulary is quite advanced for a novice. Did you go to airplane school too?

Anonymous said...

You know, when I saw the close-up of the decal on the engine of that plane I realized where you guys scrounged that coffee pot....It's not a gay pot, it's property of "Feminist Airways"! Watch your back fellas :)

noel joy said...

oh you forgot... if you don't have a propulsion system you get your passengers home in NO time... no need to mess with layovers or transfers... by never leaving the ground, you get your passengers home FAST... like they never left! :)

love it!

Anonymous said...

No Stan, I didn't go to airplane school, but I have ridden on a plane, so it's kinda the same thing. You can learn pretty much everything you need to know from row 11 seat B. (I bet you wish you knew THAT before you took all those hard courses, huh?) OH well...live and learn!

Glad you appreciate my 'humor'...not everyone does. (It's been honed to a fine edge thru constant bantering with your wife...she keeps me in top form!)

Jackie said...

Love the one where you can take the actual readings of what the plane is doing on the outside of the plane....what a nice seat to have a great view...hum.....wonder if more people would sign up with such benefits :)

Anonymous said...

I've already called my stock broker...DUMP EVERYTHING INTO THE NEW P.O.S Airline!

I think that coffee pot was made by the same people who invented the "EZ Bake Oven" and "Girl Talk"...both of which I guarantee Noel has in her closet